Running Report Initially Before Parameters

Hello,

On my report, I have two parameters that are used to filter my report. I would like for the report to initially run without filters and without having the user required to input parameters. I know that this can be accomplished by using the multi value parameter and having it "Select All" by default, but for my parameters, I would like for each parameter to only allow the user to select one value. Is it possible to have this requirement without having to enable select multi values?

• Edited by Sabr786 Monday, July 20, 2015 1:53 PM
July 20th, 2015 1:52pm

Hello,

You can define a default value for the paramaters, then the reports also renders on open.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 20th, 2015 2:16pm

Hi Sabr,

According to your description, you want every user can only select one value in parameter, right?

In Reporting Services, we can filter the dataset based on the current user using the Built-in field UserID. In your scenario, you need to update the dataset for parameter to have each record associated with a user. Then create another parameter based Built-in field (UserId) to filter that dataset. For achieving your goal, please refer to the following steps:

1. Create a dataset and parameter (UserId).
    Dataset expression: select * from table_21 where account = @UserId
  2. Set built-in field UserId as the parameter default value.
  3. Create ID report parameter and set the accountlevel field as default value.
  4. User ID parameter to filter the data in the Tablix

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Shrek Li

July 21st, 2015 10:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics