Run action after creating Service Request in SMPortal

Hello, Dear Colleagues.

Tell me please, is it possible to run some action after creating Service Request in SMPortal?

For example, with this article (SCSM: Populate List of Printers in Web Portal) after SR created, Printer listed as affected configuration items.

Once SR created, some action starts and form letter with title Refill Cartridges according to Printer Model from SR and Refill Cartridges Template (not SCSM template, but template in MS Word), then sends this word file to appropriate e-mail address?

Thanks.

P.S.

That's my assumption. With Authoring Tool I'm creating MP with new Class for Printer repair (for example) SR to separate Printer repair SR from other SR's. This will allow to create in the same MP workflow with Trigger Condition "When an object of the selected Class is created" (Class created to isolate Printer repair SR) and add Activity "Windows Powershell Script".

Am I right? 

• Edited by fapw Monday, April 27, 2015 2:11 PM
April 27th, 2015 1:16pm

Hi,

I think your assumption deserves a try :) You can also take advantage of Orchestrator and its integration with Service Manager - its really very powerful.

Regards,

Stoyan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 28th, 2015 11:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics