Run As account for AD connector not valid?

Hello Experts,

I am trying to import user accounts from a group in another AD (one-way trust) using an active directory connector. Under the Domain/OU selection page, I can browse and select the other domain (the one that contains the other AD with the group of users I want). However, under "Credentials" when I select the correct Run As Account (An account with permissions on both domains) and attempt to test the connection (or try to click next, which forces the test connection dialogue anyways) I get an error "The account entered is not valid. Enter a valid account." The correct domain is selected, the account is typed in correctly, and the password is being typed in correctly as well. Additionally, if I go under Administration -> Security -> Run As Accounts, I can successfully test the same service account that I am being told is invalid in the connector setup. Furthermore, this is my dev setup; my production setup is using the exact same accounts configured exactly the same and yet the LDAP query and account testing are successful in my production deployment environment... and they are both on the same domain! I'm pulling my hair out here, any ideas?

July 30th, 2015 7:12pm

The Run As Account you are using is member in the local admin group of the SCSM Management Server?

The Run As Account you are using is member in the Advanced Operators role in SCSM?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 3rd, 2015 2:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics