RunBook Automation Activity GUID

Hi

I am having a problem with passing the GUID for a Runbook Automation Activity to an Orchestrator RunBook.  I have selected Object > ID in the RunBook Template Property Mapping to pass the GUID to the RunBook.

Regardless of whether I select Object > ID or Work Item > ID, I still get the RB ID eg. RB273.  

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

August 26th, 2015 3:16am

Hi,

Take a look at this post, although I don't think you have this exact issue:

Playing Nice Together SCSM 2012 and Orchestrator 2012
https://newsignature.com/articles/playing-nice-together-scsm-2012-and-orchestrator-2012

Please also check the following:
- Your runbook has an initialize data, where you have defined the Activity GUID as a string (This is what you later map ion the RBA template in SCSM)
- Create a RBA activity template as per https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh519570.aspx
- Trigger a connector sync for the Orchestration connector.
- Make sure the status of the runbook in SCSM library is OK.
- Map the runbook to the RBA template you created earlier.
- Make sure you map the activity GUID from the runbook to the Object ID.
- Make sure the check box "Is ready for automation" on the RBA template is checked.

If everything is fine, the GUID should be passed to the RBA activity in SCSM.

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 6:21am

Hi

Thanks for the response.  I have confirmed all the points you have made, all is correct.

I have had this working perfectly as a small Proof of Concept, its only on the full environment that this isn't working and i can't work out why as its configured the same...

I'm also noticing that if I pass the RunBook the GUID manually via the RunBook Tester the Get-Relationship activity isn't pulling the GUID from the Get-Object activity. Not sure if this is because there is a problem with the Object in SCSM and it can't read it properly?  The RunBook is exactly the same as the PoC RunBook I had working.

August 28th, 2015 5:32am

Hmmm, strange...How is the Get Object activity configured? Same in both environments?

Do you get a relationship, prior to getting the object itself?

August 28th, 2015 6:43am

you want get RB activity object guid?

August 29th, 2015 8:59pm

• Edited by Firat YASAR Sunday, August 30, 2015 12:59 AM
August 30th, 2015 12:58am

Hi

I am having a problem with passing the GUID for a Runbook Automation Activity to an Orchestrator RunBook.  I have selected Object > ID in the RunBook Template Property Mapping to pass the GUID to the RunBook.

Regardless of whether I select Object > ID or Work Item > ID, I still get the RB ID eg. RB273.  

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Hi SMcTighe,

You should use the RB ID to pass into SCO, then use the "Get-Object" activity and "ID Equals {RunbookID from Initialize Data" (ID should be in Initialize Data), from here you can then use the "Get-Relationship" activity from "Runbook Automation Activity", Object GUID {"SC Object GUID from "Get-Object"} and the related class.

You shouldn't need to pass the GUID from the RB to Orchestrator to achieve the same result. This also makes it much easier inside the runbook tester, as you only need to type the RB ID and not the RB GUID..

Let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Shayne.

August 31st, 2015 1:01am

Thanks for all the replies.

I have gone with using the RB ID (as that's all I cant get to pass into SCORCH) but still hitting a problem.

This is how I have the RunBook configured. 

Initialize Data

RunBook ID

Get RunBook ID (Get-Object)

Class = RunBook Automation Activity

Filter = Name - 'ID', Relation - 'Equals', Value - 'RunBook ID from "Initialize Data"'

Get SR GUID (Get-Relationship)

Object Class = RunBook Automation Activity

Object GUID = SC Object GUID from "Get RunBook ID"

Related Class = Service Request

Get SR (Get-Object)

Class = Service Request 

Filter = Name - 'SC Object GUID', Relation - 'Equals', Value - 'Related Object GUID from "Get SR GUID"'

When I run this via the RunBook Tester the Get Relationship Activity doesn't pull the Object GUID...

Am I missing something here?

Thanks

September 2nd, 2015 5:18am

Is this runbbok exist under the runbooks folder on sm console? 

Did you create runbook activity using this runbook element?

And did you create SR thats include this runbook activity?

Frat

September 2nd, 2015 9:50am

Is this runbbok exist under the runbooks folder on sm console? 

Did you create runbook activity using this runbook element?

And did you create SR thats include this runbook activity?

Frat

Hi Firat

Thanks for the response.  Yes to all your questions above.

Thanks

September 2nd, 2015 10:34am

Last question,

Your runbook (that associate to service manager) status is active? (You can check this on sm console library workspace. Library-->Runbooks)

September 3rd, 2015 4:43am

Hi

Yes it is.

Thanks

September 3rd, 2015 6:30am

I have gone with using the RB ID (as that's all I cant get to pass into SCORCH) but still hitting a problem.

Initialize Data

RunBook ID

Filter = Name - 'ID', Relation - 'Equals', Value - 'RunBook ID from "Initialize Data"'

Get SR (Get-Object)

Class = Service Request 

Filter = Name - 'SC Object GUID', Relation - 'Equals', Value - 'Related Object GUID from "Get SR GUID"'

When I run this via the RunBook Tester the Get Relationship Activity doesn't pull the Object GUID...

Thanks

Hi,

Looking at this, it appears as though the RB Automation Activity doesn't exist.. You might have an SR, but you don't have the RB AA to get, before you get the SR.

If you look at mine below its ok, as both the RB AA and SR exist.

September 3rd, 2015 6:42am

Hi

I'm glad you have said the same thing as I was thinking.  I thought something wasn't right with the RB AA but couldn't work out why as it did exist.

The only thing different to my original working PoC is that CU6 was installed.

I have began another build of SCSM without CU6 to see if the issue is replicated.

Thanks for sharing your working results, Ill feed back once I have the new install stood up.

Thanks

September 3rd, 2015 8:10am

Initialize Data

RunBook ID

Get SR (Get-Object)

Class = Service Request 

Thanks

Hi,

Looking at this, it appears as though the RB Automation Activity doesn't exist.. You might have an SR, but you don't have the RB AA to get, before you get the SR.

September 3rd, 2015 10:42am

Initialize Data

RunBook ID

Get SR (Get-Object)

Class = Service Request 

Thanks

Hi,

Initialize Data

RunBook ID

Get SR (Get-Object)

Class = Service Request 

Thanks

Hi,

Initialize Data

RunBook ID

Get SR (Get-Object)

Class = Service Request 

Thanks

Hi,

Initialize Data

RunBook ID

Get SR (Get-Object)

Class = Service Request 

Thanks

Hi,

Hi

I'm glad you have said the same thing as I was thinking.  I thought something wasn't right with the RB AA but couldn't work out why as it did exist.

I have began another build of SCSM without CU6 to see if the issue is replicated.

Thanks for sharing your working results, Ill feed back once I have the new install stood up.

Thanks

September 3rd, 2015 12:09pm

Hi

Thanks

Hi

Thanks

Hi

Thanks

Hi

Thanks

I completed the rebuild of SCSM but still had the same problem.

After some more digging, it turned out I had not given the service account for the SCSM connector in SCORCH enough permission to SCSM.  I gave the service account Full Admin Permission in SCSM and it pulled the GUID's successfully. 

I assumed I would have got some kind of permission error when running the RunBooks... Poor assumption!!

• Marked as answer by SMcTighe 21 hours 2 minutes ago
September 11th, 2015 6:16am

After some more digging, it turned out I had not given the service account for the SCSM connector in SCORCH enough permission to SCSM.  I gave the service account Full Admin Permission in SCSM and it pulled the GUID's successfully. 

I assumed I would have got some kind of permission error when running the RunBooks... Poor assumption!!

• Marked as answer by SMcTighe Friday, September 11, 2015 10:14 AM
September 11th, 2015 10:14am

• Marked as answer by SMcTighe Friday, September 11, 2015 10:14 AM
September 11th, 2015 10:14am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics