Router/Guest WLAN Problem
Hi, Thanks for posting here. Could you discuss how did you implement that guest wireless access point network in a Windows Small Business Server 2008 environment ? based on my knowledge ,SBS host should handle the DHCP service but the router , disabling DHCP service on router is a prerequisite when deploying SBS 2008 environement. Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 14th, 2011 12:24pm

Is there something new on Server 2008 R2 DHCP that would block giving a dynamic ip to the WAN port on a SOHO router? I have another Server 2008 SBS system where I did this to create guest wireless access point network. But I can't make it work on a new Server 2008 R2 system I just set up. What do I need to do????
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 15th, 2011 2:27pm

First, do you have the scope created for the guest VLAN on the server? On the SOHO router, do you have it configured to forward DHCP requests to the IP address of the DHCP server? -- Mike Burr Technology
October 15th, 2011 10:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics