Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::setHostName() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\AutoConfig.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::addHostAlias() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\AutoConfig.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::setSiteRoot() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\AutoConfig.php on line 28

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::setDsn() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_site\Config.php on line 16

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::setTitle() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_site\Config.php on line 19

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::setDescription() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_site\Config.php on line 20

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::setSiteRoot() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_site\Config.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::setShowDeleted() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_site\Config.php on line 31

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::setRecentTopicsDuration() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_site\Config.php on line 36

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::test() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Init.php on line 28

Strict Standards: Non-static method Skin::test() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Init.php on line 29

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::getSkin() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Skin.php on line 102

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::getSiteRoot() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Init.php on line 32

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::getDsn() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Init.php on line 35

Strict Standards: Non-static method Form::field() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Init.php on line 39

Strict Standards: Non-static method Form::fieldExists() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Entity\User.php on line 92

Strict Standards: Non-static method Form::fieldExists() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\topic.php on line 15

Strict Standards: Non-static method Form::field() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\topic.php on line 17

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::getShowDeleted() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Entity\Topic.php on line 138

Strict Standards: Non-static method Entity_Post::queryPosts() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\topic.php on line 21

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::getShowDeleted() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Entity\Post.php on line 111

Strict Standards: Non-static method Skin::showHeader() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\topic.php on line 23

Strict Standards: Non-static method Skin::includeFile() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Skin.php on line 46

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::getSkin() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Skin.php on line 91
Robocopy with hidden files (Network Steve Forum)
Robocopy with hidden files
Cool. Just a concern, using the /MIR switch will retain the security and permission on the files as well? I just need a better understanding before proceed, thanks.
April 20th, 2012 5:28am

Cool. Just a concern, using the /MIR switch will retain the security and permission on the files as well? I just need a better understanding before proceed, thanks. Robocopy fails to mirror file permissions but works for folder permissions. However, ROBOCOPY <source> <target> /MIR /SEC /SECFIX /MIR will replicate data and security (as /SEC is specified) for changed files, and /SECFIX will update just the security for unchanged files. Add /V to the command line if you want to see which files are having their security fixed without having their data copied. Here is a nice article which you can refer for more details... Robocopy /MIR switch mirroring file permissions http://blogs.technet.com/b/filecab/archive/2008/07/31/robocopy-mir-switch-mirroring-file-permissions.aspx If it looks good, Eat it ! Likewise, If you don't know the answers, don't hesitate to ask questions !! This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. About Me !!!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 20th, 2012 6:51am

Hi All, I am trying to perform robocopy from one drive to another and the steps as below:- Robocopy whole D drive (as attached) to another drive, F. I can see there is system related files on D drive, please advice if robocopy will copy the whole files (together with the hidden files with security & permission retain)? Thanks.
April 20th, 2012 11:11pm

Hi, try this: http://www.soloenterprises.org/tips-and-tricks/robocopy.php Regards, Tim http://directoryadmin.blogspot.com
April 20th, 2012 11:22pm

Hi All, I am trying to perform robocopy from one drive to another and the steps as below:- Robocopy whole D drive (as attached) to another drive, F. I can see there is system related files on D drive, please advice if robocopy will copy the whole files (together with the hidden files with security & permission retain)? Thanks. As far as I know, System Volume Info and Recycler are NOT transferred when you use robocopy to transfer all the files/folders from one drive to another.If it looks good, Eat it ! Likewise, If you don't know the answers, don't hesitate to ask questions !! This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. About Me !!!
April 20th, 2012 11:25pm

Hi, robocopy /B D:\from where F:\copy here (enter full path) /w:1 /r:1 /E /SEC Hope this could be helpful.Romeo Mlinar MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP Blog: Admin troubles Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
April 20th, 2012 11:47pm

Thanks Tim. But my first intention is just to run the robocopy (installed) without going through any other msi installation. However this will kept for my future reference, thanks for sharing.
April 21st, 2012 12:47am

Hi Santosh, In that case do we have any idea to manually copy that over? I am not sure if that is required as D drive will be removed once we have done the robocopy. And it is under VM environment. Thanks.
April 21st, 2012 12:54am

Hi Romeo, Let me try to analysis the option: /B switch: Any idea we need to make it under backup mode? :D And I believe W:1 R:1 is to provide the write and read option during the robocopy process? The version of the robocopy in use was XP010. Thanks.
April 21st, 2012 12:58am

Hi Evan, SubinACL can be used without installation. Regards, Tim http://directoryadmin.blogspot.com
April 21st, 2012 1:00am

Hi Santosh, In that case do we have any idea to manually copy that over? I am not sure if that is required as D drive will be removed once we have done the robocopy. And it is under VM environment. Thanks. In fact, Sys vol info and recycler are not needed and you can safely exclude them. Robocopy has switch "/MIR" which you can use to Mirror a complete directory tree if required. If it looks good, Eat it ! Likewise, If you don't know the answers, don't hesitate to ask questions !! This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. About Me !!!
April 21st, 2012 1:07am

Cool. Just a concern, using the /MIR switch will retain the security and permission on the files as well? I just need a better understanding before proceed, thanks. Robocopy fails to mirror file permissions but works for folder permissions. However, ROBOCOPY <source> <target> /MIR /SEC /SECFIX /MIR will replicate data and security (as /SEC is specified) for changed files, and /SECFIX will update just the security for unchanged files. Add /V to the command line if you want to see which files are having their security fixed without having their data copied. Here is a nice article which you can refer for more details... Robocopy /MIR switch mirroring file permissions http://blogs.technet.com/b/filecab/archive/2008/07/31/robocopy-mir-switch-mirroring-file-permissions.aspx If it looks good, Eat it ! Likewise, If you don't know the answers, don't hesitate to ask questions !! This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. About Me !!! Thanks for the reply. Another concern. If I were to robocopy the entire drive to another drive, will the permission/security overwritten by the inherit permission of the new drive? In case
April 22nd, 2012 9:37am

Security permissions are not overwritten instead they are copied as it is from one drive to another.If it looks good, Eat it ! Likewise, If you don't know the answers, don't hesitate to ask questions !! This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. About Me !!!
April 22nd, 2012 9:46am

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::getRecentTopicsLimit() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Entity\Topic.php on line 120

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics

Strict Standards: Non-static method Skin::showFooter() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\topic.php on line 119

Strict Standards: Non-static method Skin::includeFile() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Skin.php on line 56

Strict Standards: Non-static method Settings::getSkin() should not be called statically in C:\website\www.networksteve.com\forum\_lib\Skin.php on line 91