Robocopy log output not clear using p/version XP027
Hi, I've noticed that the robocopy log output isn't particulary pretty when using product version XP027 running from Windows 2008 R2 SP1. The log output contains no spaces so it's very difficult to check for errors. I'm using the following switches; /MT:36 /SEC /E /PURGE /R:1 /W:1 /NP /LOG:"C:\pcupdates\robocopy\test.txt" I need to use XP027 in order to make use of the /MT: switch. With XP010 the log output is so much easier to read. Is there a fix for this or workaround? Thanks in advance. Monoman72.
October 15th, 2012 8:25am

Tested with robocopy.exe version XP027 on Windows 2008 R2, the /LOG switch works fine. The output log is displayed in order with no problem. So, it should not be file version problem. What about replace the current one with a good copy from another server?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 16th, 2012 1:54am

Thanks for the reponse Cheers ZHANG. I tried what you suggested, but still couldn't get the output log to behave. However I have realised my mistake. I guess because XP027 is now installed as part of the O/S installation I realised my log format was good only when I ran robocopy from C:\windows\system32. I was not doing this. I'd copied robocopy.exe to another directory and ran it from there, as this is how we call robocopy.exe (XP010 version) in our current scripts.
October 16th, 2012 9:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics