Robocopy leaves source directory inaccessible after moving files
Hi All, I was testing robocopy to move files and folders to another directory. All went well, all folders and files were moved to the new location (on the same hard disk, just another directory), but it left the source directory/folders inaccessible. I get "You don't have permission to view the folder"...Went to security settings and the source folder does not have any ownership credentials and I can't take ownership either..Access denied. I am logged in as administrator, Windows Server 2008R2. I am unable to delete the source folder as well.. Any Ideas? the robocopy command was robocopy d:\pdfs d:\archives /move Now the pdfs folder is inaccessible.. thank you
January 20th, 2013 8:06pm

That's a bit odd, you shouldn't be seeing the source directory there at all after a "robocopy /move" - are you sure it's there and you're not just seeing a cached view of the folder? (If you're accessing it over smb, try logging on the server and viewing it directly there).
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 21st, 2013 6:58am

That's a bit odd, you shouldn't be seeing the source directory there at all after a "robocopy /move" - are you sure it's there and you're not just seeing a cached view of the folder? (If you're accessing it over smb, try logging on the server and viewing it directly there).
January 21st, 2013 2:53pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics