Robocopy error copying data
We are copying the data from a server in one domain to new hardware in a different domain. There is a two way trust between domains - the destination domain (domain2) is actually the forest root of the source (domain1). When I copy the data using robocopy when looged on as the administrator of the forest root domain (domain2) using the command below everything copies OK but I get a few access denied errors. robocopy.exe e:\data I:\ /S /B /R:0 /MIR /NFL /NDL /TEE /COPYALL /W:1 /LOG+:c:\san\08718dc-data.TXT To try to get around some of the permissions errors I try logging in as a domain admin on the source domain (domain1) - i.e. the domain where the source server is currently. When I run the above I immediately start getting the following errors: ERROR 1314 (0x00000522) Copying NTFS Security to Destination Directory e:\data\folder\filename A required privilege is not held by the client. The account I log in with has full permissions on the source and target. My questions are, what does this error suggest is wrong ? But also, why is the destination showing as e:\data... when this is actually the SOURCE ? Thanks
March 23rd, 2010 12:06am

/B requires Backup and Restore privileges. Make sure to add this user to Backup Operators group on source and target server. Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA, Network+ Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://publications.sivarajan.com/ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 23rd, 2010 5:16am

I still am getting Error 5. here is the command I am using robocopy \\server\D\username \\server1\company\username /S /E /ZB /MIR /XJD /XJF /SEC
May 7th, 2010 7:05pm

It's any issue copying security permissions of files. try /mir or /dats instead of /copyall. will work
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 22nd, 2010 10:09pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics