Roaming profiles - deleted files/icons/shortcuts reappear.
I have aproblem with roaming profiles.I havefolders and files on my desktop, I would like to delete. After deleting a file or folder I log off. After logging on again, the deleted files/folders will reappear on my desktop. This happens on all folders on roaming profile.My local cached copy get deleted after I log off. And I installedUPHClean just in case.Is there anything else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.
October 10th, 2008 9:42am

Generally this happens when you are logged into multiple locations. Make sure to check every possible machine you may be logged into. If all else fails then go to the profile server and manually delete it from the folder.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 10th, 2008 5:19pm

I use only one PC at the time and I never log inon multiplePCs. I switch from PC to PC time to time, but that is all. Never on twoPCs at the same time. Is this some kind of a bug? Is there any way to make it work properly?I looked at the profile at the time of deletion and I noticed that when I delete anything it deletes it from server copy. Doesn't delete it from local copy, and when I log off it copies the local copy back to server. This brings deleted item back. Is this normal?Thanks.
October 10th, 2008 7:17pm

Hi Anubis7179, Normally, the changes (deletion in this case) should be updated to the server copy when you log off. Please check the following: 1. Verify that the user profile is loaded correctly when you logon the system. You may see the message like Your user profile was not loaded correctly! if the profile is not loaded. You can also verify it by checking the application events in the event viewer. 2. Verify that the user profile can be synchronized when you log off. If the profile cannot be synchronized, you may see the message like Your roaming profile was not completely synchronized. when you log off. 3. Make sure that you are not using mandatory user profile. Right-click the file NTuser and make sure that the extension is .dat but not .man.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 13th, 2008 12:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics