Roaming Profile - user profile folder name display issue.
We've just experienced very weird issue. We've got an AD domain with several servers, about 100 users and Citrix XenApp 6 farm. Defauld GPO is redirecting user profiles to one location on the DataServer and user's data to the other folder let's say: \\DataServer\Profiles and \\DataServer\UserData A short while ago we've found that some of the user data folders for some users are called "Documents" instead of having a profile name. So for example, our UserData folder looks like this: a.smith a.philips b.sanders c.brown Documents Documents Documents Documents Documents d.rose e.smith etc. I've also found that all user data folders displayed as "Documents" have got a data inside for the users which profile names aren't listed in UserData folder. So it seems look like a display issue rather than GPO problem. It also doesn't seems to generate any other issue than folder name display. Can anyone help please? Regards Greg
November 1st, 2011 8:49am

Try this thread in the forums, and lets revisit if you still have the issue :) http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverfiles/thread/f290a2bb-afe4-44f9-908c-dd1cdf7e3903Brandon Wilson - Premier Field Engineer (Platforms)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 1st, 2011 1:26pm

Thank you Brandon. Let me have a look and I'll give you a shout.
November 2nd, 2011 5:12am

Thanks a lot Brandon. The third solution worked for us perfectly. I wish also to explain why the error has occurred. The OS environment in the problematic network is mixed. We have got 2003 as well as 2008 servers in the network. On couple of the occasions one of our engineers has taken the ownership of the user folder from one of the 2008 boxes. While the ownership was taken the administrator account has been granted full permission to desktop.ini file within the container. Therefore the displayed name has changed to "Documents". Once the reading permission to desktop.ini file was blocked to administrators group the correct name of the container was displayed again.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 18th, 2011 12:25pm

Thanks a lot Brandon. The third solution worked for us perfectly. I wish also to explain why the error has occurred. The OS environment in the problematic network is mixed. We have got 2003 as well as 2008 servers in the network. On couple of the occasions one of our engineers has taken the ownership of the user folder from one of the 2008 boxes. While the ownership was taken the administrator account has been granted full permission to desktop.ini file within the container. Therefore the displayed name has changed to "Documents". Once the reading permission to desktop.ini file was blocked to administrators group the correct name of the container was displayed again.
November 18th, 2011 8:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics