Riprep image of AMD machine with Realtek NIC does not work
Dear All,I got Windows Server 2003 Enterprise X64 bit RIS server. Riprep Image of all Intel machine with intel NIC works fine. Now my company bought AMD machine with realtek NIC. I created master pc and add riprep image to RIS server. Now I want to deploy it but evrytime, I try to deploy using F12 it says "The operating system image you selected does not contain the necessary drivers for your network adapter. Try selecting a different operating system image. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit. " I download hotfix mentioned in KB823658 and failed to install ia64 english. When I apply this kb, it say this image file ....\update.exe is valid but is for machine other then current machine type. What should to fix this issue? Please help.Regards,Raihan
December 31st, 2009 5:04am

Hi, X64 does not equal to ia64. As your system type is x64, the update for ia64 does not apply to your system. I have checked the hotfix site and we do not have a hotfix for x64. Therefore, you should ignore this hotfix. I suggest referring to the following articles: A network adapter is not detected when you start a computer by using PXE on an RIS server or on an ADS server that is running Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/932449/ Error Message: The Operating System Image You Selected Does Not Contain the Necessary Drivers... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/247983/ Please also install Service Pack 2 for Windows Server 2003. Hope it helps. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 4th, 2010 9:18am

Hi, How are things going? I have not heard back from you in a few days and wanted to check on the status of the issue. Please let me know how things turned out. Tim Quan - MSFT
January 6th, 2010 5:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics