Revocation List configuration
I have done a lot of searching, and seen bits and pieces of how this needs to be accomplished, but I don't know how to put it all together. I have just started getting into a server administration roll. I have taken on the task of migrating a webserver (windows server 2003 using CAC based login to the site) to new hardware and OS(windows server 2008). Most of the new server infrastructure was setup before I got here, and the sticking point has been the CAC based login with Revocation List configuration. I have researched the issue (OCSP Responders, CRL lists, CA's etc). The first question becomes, If I have a Secure website that requires a Digital Certificate (CAC card) along with a regular login to the website, What is the best way to impliment this. I want to impliment OCSP, but do I need to setup an internal server as a OCSP responder? Do I HAVE to make the server an AD CA? If I don't need to setup either of these, what information do I need to access OCSP in conjunction with the webserver to get it to properly access the CRL's If I had to ask another question, it would be, What is step 1 through step X, what is the optimal server setup to setting up from scratch a Webserver that requires Digital certs(CAC) Step1: build server,login... Step2:? Step3:? StepX:profit? ...What could be an alternate configuration if the optimal is not available... In context with my lack of knowledge in start to finish of my own question, what questions should I be asking at this point ?
May 6th, 2010 3:51pm

If you are using a CAC then you would be relying on the DoD PKI, not your own. Use their OCSP responders, CA certs, cards, etc.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 14th, 2010 6:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics