Restrict Administrator fro accessing Folders

I'm a General Manager of Engineering Organization, and i have critical data folders on a file server (Accounts, Financial Data, HR) and i want to ask if there any solution to restrict the network administrator from accessing these folders?

I can demote his account to power user but then i will face other issues in the future if i want him to troublshoot any network problem.

please try to give me some options

Thanks

June 2nd, 2010 6:27am

You can try to disable to take ownership privilege for administrators, but assign this privilege for youself, and remove administrator from access rights of folders, and take ownership of you files. So, administrators can't access this files and can't take ownership. Administrators only can get files for backup, if they will have bypass security restriction privilege. But you can remove this privilege too.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 2nd, 2010 7:27am

Hi Ahmad,

I would like to know if the files are on local computer and if the network administartor is also the local administrator.

If he is a local admin, you may not able to restrict as he can still take ownership of the files stored on local. Maybe setup an EFS is availabe on this situation.

If he is not but you are, you can change the permission as Kubik mentioned to restrict.

June 4th, 2010 7:23am

Can you explain how to do that on a w7 system?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 6th, 2011 5:09pm

Hi

Can we have the steps we have to do restrict admin for access on the data and shared folders.

Thanks

April 13th, 2015 2:12am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics