Resource Monitor TCP Connections
Hi looking at the TCP Connections I can see an imense number of lines (open ports?) with no image name and no PID. I have my local address a local port a remote address and a remote port. Some of these are black, some are greyed out. Could somebody please explain this to me? What is the difference between a black and agrey line? Are these all open ports not closing (releasing) the local port? Where in generall can I fine information about the features of Resource monitor? The help is not a good help. Thanks
August 27th, 2012 11:36pm

Thanks Zhang unfortunately this does not answer my question. I guessed myself that open ports without a PID or image name are orphaned ports. TCPView just shows SystemProcess and PID 0. But why are some in grey and others in black? Additional, how can I fix the TCP connections graph having a max of 10? This is more about getting most out of Resource Monitor instead of using other tools. Cheers
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 28th, 2012 10:23pm

Hi Lain Thanks, your explanation is the best. You are right with the scaling of the graph but it has a bug. If you have only a few connections open it works. In my case I had 3500 open connections and the graph was all green (100% filled) and the scale showed 10. After closing the programs the connections started to disapear and suddenly it dropped under 500 and the graph operated as intended. It self adjusted the scale down to 200 etc and the graph showed a line and not a solid green field. I could not test at what level it goes weired, but it seems not to handle more than 1000 connections. I still wonder where is some Microsoft documentation explaining all the features and colour codes etc. Thanks.
September 4th, 2012 8:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics