Resolved: Applying my custom security policy template makes my Windows Server 2008 R2 non genuine
Be nice with me, this is my first post here. I created an .inf template the integrate into a Windows 2008 R2 server that contains Local Policy and Registry keys settings (unfortunately I cannot attach the inf file). When I load it using the Security Configuration Wizard every looks OK and seems to apply my rules. Once rebooted, the system which used to be activated and dandy become now non genuine and require me to reactivate. Even if I try to re-activate I am getting and error message. Maybe if someone could help me on this, that would save a guy's life here. Thanks in advance, John Update: I did some troubleshooting of my .inf file and appears that it is one or more services settings that cause that. I re-added all other sections without any change regarding the genuine of my system. Here is the service list in y inf file may be this will ring bell: [Service General Setting] "AeLookupSvc",4,"" "AppIDSvc",3,"" Update1: Happens that Plug and Play service was casing the issue. As soon as I changed the status from Disabled to Manual, in the inf file the environment remained "Genuine" for Microsoft. Now, would appreciate what Plug and Play service has to do defining if a system is genuine or not. Regards,
December 25th, 2011 11:13am

I created an .inf template the integrate into a Windows 2008 R2 server that contains Local Policy and Registry keys settings (unfortunately I cannot attach the inf file). When I load it using the Security Configuration Wizard every looks OK and seems to apply my rules. Once rebooted, the system which used to be activated and dandy become now non genuine and require me to reactivate. Even if I try to re-activate I am getting and error message(0X80070002). Maybe if someone could help me on this, that would save a guy's life here. Thanks in advance, John Update: I did some troubleshooting of my .inf file and appears that it is one or more services settings that cause that. I re-added all other sections without any change regarding the genuine of my system. Here is the service list in y inf file may be this will ring bell: [Service General Setting] "AeLookupSvc",4,"" Update1: Happens that Plug and Play service was casing the issue. As soon as I changed the status from Disabled to Manual, in the inf file the environment remained "Genuine" for Microsoft. Now, would appreciate what Plug and Play service has to do defining if a system is genuine or not. Regards,
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 25th, 2011 12:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics