Resize and move partition
Hi I have a windows 2008 server with a 500GB disk divided in two partition disk C 50GB: and E: 450GB both dynamic disks. I would like to expand C: to 100GB and shrink E: to 400GB, with disk management I can shrink E: but after shrink I need to move the E: partition to the end of drive, in order to expand C: This is the disk situation after shrink CCCCCEEEEEEEEFFFFFF where C is the C: partition E the E: partition and F free space Already tried with GParted but it can't manage dynamic disks, there is another free software or I have to buy something ? Thanks Raven
September 24th, 2010 4:27am

A possible solution in comments. http://blogs.technet.com/b/mghazai/archive/2009/02/24/extend-system-boot-volume-on-windows-server-2008-windows-vista-win7-beta.aspx Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional -Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 25th, 2010 6:55pm

I found that Dave introduce the best method of extending partition on the basic disk. The asker is confused by the extending dynamic volume. Actually, GParted can not manage dynamic disk, currently there is no software can directly resize dynamic disk, Certainly, this is not means can not realize the operation, with the indirectly way--convert dynamic disk to basic disk without deletion demand of Disk Management via Dynamic Disk Converter firstly, and then resize the partition through partitioning utility like Aomei Partition Assistant which also came with free partition manager and server partition manager to resize and move partition well.
April 1st, 2011 1:02am

Hi, I have installed Windows 2008 Server R2 on my C: partition and Windows 2003 server on D: partition. I want to make dual boot, when ever i want to start Win2008 or Win2003... How can i make it dual boot with the choice of OS. Regards Kashif Noor
April 1st, 2011 9:18am

Hi, I have installed Windows 2008 Server R2 on my C: partition and Windows 2003 server on D: partition. I want to make dual boot, when ever i want to start Win2008 or Win2003... How can i make it dual boot with the choice of OS. Regards Kashif Noor Set C: partition and D: partition as active, before running Windows, you can choose which OS you want to run. You can take the following article for reference, even it introduced the dual boot XP and Windows7, you can get the same operating method as well. Hope this is helpful! Furthermore, were you installed older server 2003 before installed server 2008?
April 1st, 2011 9:59pm

Yes, i installed windows 2008 server first and then installed windows 2003 server.
April 2nd, 2011 6:43am

So, you installed the newly Server 2008 which means the older Server 2003 will replace the Windows 2008. Suggest two methods: 1. Delete the Server 2008, reinstall server 2008. (You can create separated partitions for different OSs and the partitions should be the primary partition for booting) 2. Take full understanding of Easy BCD, it can help you change the SET SKIPOF. These are my suggestion and i only know such information.
April 6th, 2011 3:32am

Hi, No i have installed Win 2008 server and Win 2003 server on seperate partition and the Win 2008 server is not replaced with Win 2003 server. I have installed Win 2008 server on drive C: and Win 2003 server on drive D: Now the problem is when ever i installed ayone of them, they are replaced with each other and the newly installed Window will apear in front of them. Regards Kashif Noor
April 8th, 2011 2:26am

You mean you install the different os again and again or I have misunderstood??? If Windows 2008 is not replaced by Server 2003 as you mentioned or both operating systems can running normally, you only need to choose the os before you access the os.
April 8th, 2011 2:45am

Yes i installed the different OS again and again. Whenever i installed the OS, the older does hide.
April 8th, 2011 9:47pm

You mean you still firstly installed server 2008 then installed server 2003? if so, i think that's the reason why your older will hided again and again!
April 10th, 2011 5:08am

No, i have installed it over win 2003 server. When i installed windows 2008 on win 2003 server then the previous version gets hide.
April 11th, 2011 12:34pm

If so, i do not know the reason at all. I suggest you post a new topic about your problem for the further solutions are provided by the experts. Because i only got the above information about dual boot and i have told you. best regards! ^_^
April 11th, 2011 9:54pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics