Require suggestions for the XML file validation

Hello,

I am working on an SSIS integration project and need some help in performing validations on a XML file.

Overview:

We need to pull the data from the XML files given and move it to the destination integrated system. In the input folder, we have 2 types of XML files. 

1) A summary File (XML): consists of the details of the XML files (data) like count of XML files, XML File Names etc. which need to be migrated.

2) Data XML Files: Different XML files (same format) with all the data which need to be migrated.

Requirement:

I need to validate the Summary file, move ahead only if the validation is success else log the error and stop. Here is how the validation should go:

- Read the Summary XML File

- Extract the data from the Summary XML File details existing in the file like count of files and file names.

- Get the count of the number of file names existing in the Summary XML file.

- Compare the count of the file names in Summary File with the count existing in the Summary XML file.

- If pass, insert the summary file details in the Summary table (DB table created) and move to the next processing stage else log the error and stop.

Can anyone please help me with the best possible ways of achieving this requirement?

Thanks & Regards,

Sri

February 9th, 2015 6:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics