Request : Virtual Server planning

Hi All,

I am new to virtualisation and configuring one Dell PE R530 to host two Virtual systems. I have 2 X 600GB SAS drives in RAID 1 and 6 X 1.2 TB SAS Drives in RAID 5 with a hot spare, 8GB of RAM and will increase to 16GB depending on performance.

I'm planning to install Hyper V 2012 R2 Server on RAID 1 drives on a partition of 50 GB.

Install two virtual servers and host the .vhdx for 1. Document Management Application Server and 2. McAfee ePO server on RAID 5 drives.

The document management server will have FSRM installed to redirect My Documents for few (50) users to the remaining 500 GB on the RAID 1 drives (50GB already kept for 2012 HYPER V R2). 

The Document Management Application will be hosted on SP Foundation on Virtual system 1.

Can it be planned as explained above. Otherwise suggest a better plan for effective utilisation of the resources.

Thanks in advance...

August 21st, 2015 3:37am

For more responses, a better place to post this is in the Hyper-V Forum, this one's for Virtual Server 2005.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverhyperv/threads

You might consider installing Hyper-V on a flash or sdcard instead and using all your disks for a big RAID10 array.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 12:50pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics