Reporting services Issue

Hi, 

I am trying to view a report, but when i tried to apply it after enter the start date & end date, i get the error below:

what does the error actually mean and How to resolve it ? I have searched in google but no luck. Can someone help me solve this issue.

Thank you

June 23rd, 2015 10:08am

enabled remote errors to pinpoint the problem.

identified that a column in a particular dataset (one of my views) was throwing an error.

So using a tool "SQL Delta", I compared the development version of the database with the live version on the reporting server. I noticed that one of the views had an extra column on the development server, that was not on the live version of the db.

SQL Delta generated the script I needed to run to update the view on my live db.

I ran this script, re-ran the report, everything worked.

Refer

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 23rd, 2015 10:31am

Hi Mannyabdon87,

According to your description, the report throws error after entering parameter values to run the report, right?

Based on the error message, its pointed out that the dataset query is failed to execute. In your scenario, you can open the report in Report Builder and check the report dataset. Please make sure the object dbo.PaymentInfo exists in corresponding data source. Then you should run the query in query designer to check if it can return data.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

June 23rd, 2015 11:25pm

Looks like either you're running query in wrong database or the object doesnt exists in the current database. My suggestion would be to first check your database to see if it has expected objects.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2015 1:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics