Reporting Services Error after Interactive sorting and drill down in pps

Hi 

i have a report  that has a drill down option that shows all workgroups within a specific  parent group and an interactive sorting ass well on both columns  parent group &  workgroup 

This is displayed  in pps combined with a SharePoint

---the problem is that after sorting the parent group column by name   i then press the drill through icon  (+) next to it hopping to see all workgroups related to each parent group   - but instead 

i receive this Reporting Services Error  :

"

• The value for parameter 'SortItem' is not specified. It is either missing from the function call, or it is set to null. (rsMissingParameter) Get Online Help       

"

If I don't press the sorting and just drill through it works fine. the sorting itself also works fine. 

any suggestions ?

August 28th, 2013 1:52pm

Hi Hyaron,

I am unable to reproduce the issue in my test environment. How did you add the drilldown feature? Were you doing that by setting visibility of the column or of the group? Please ensure to add the drilldown functionality by set the visibility of the workgroup from the Grouping Pane in the Report Designer.

How did you add the Interactive Sorting on the headers of the two columns? Based on the drilldown functionality, the Interactive Sorting on the second column doesnt work. So, you can move the Interactive Sorting on the second column. When configuring the Interactive sorting on the first column, you should set the parent group to sort, and sort by the field that the parent group groups by.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2013 2:39am

i have the same issue as the original poster.  

I have an SSRS report with 3 groups.  The visibility of each group starts out hidden but can be toggled by clicking on the parent group header.  this works fine, until a column is sorted.  once sorted, clicking on the parent group header gives the error 'The value for parameter 'SortItem' is not specified'

This only occurs when the report is deployed.  When inside of Visual studio or even the standard reporting server website, the report still works.  Only when embedded within our custom website does this occur.
  • Edited by Jahbreeze Friday, April 10, 2015 3:06 PM
April 10th, 2015 3:04pm

I was having the same issue. It only happens if you turn off the toolbar by passing URL parameter &rc:Toolbar=false. The obvious solution is leave the toolbar turned on. For us, that wasn't an option for various reasons. So I wrote a simple event listener to check for the error every time we load the report in a frame. If the error is detected, all we need to do is remove &rs:Command=Sort from the report URL. Don't worry, the report will still remain sorted.

$("#ReportFrame").off("load");
$("#ReportFrame").on("load", function () {
	if ($("#ReportFrame").get(0).contentWindow.document.body.innerHTML.indexOf("The value for parameter 'SortItem' is not specified.") != -1) {
        	var url = $("#ReportFrame").get(0).contentWindow.location.href.replaceAll("&rs%3ACommand=Sort", "").replaceAll("&rs:Command=Sort", "");
                setTimeout(function () {
			$("#ReportFrame").attr("src", url);
                }, 0);
	}

});

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2015 6:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics