Reporting Services

Hello,

I have written an application that uses a SQLServerCE dB and Crystal Reports for Visual Studio. Problems arose with Crystal Reports when I tried to build the 64 bit version of my program. I am fed up with Crystal Reports.

I have seen sites that say SQL Server Express has a reporting service, then I've seen a Microsoft site that said you need SQL Server to use the reporting service in SQL Server Express. Does SQL Server Express have a reporting service that I can use without SQL Server? If not, can you recommend any way to generate reports without spending hundreds of dollars on a reporting tool? I have tried working with RDLC reports, but I cannot figure out a way to generate a report that is based on more than one table.

Thanks

January 27th, 2014 11:40pm

Does SQL Server Express have a reporting service that I can use without SQL Server? If

Hello,

"SQL Server Express with Advanced Services" edition includes SSRS = Reporting Services; but it's limited, e.g. you can only use database of the same instance as data sources; using Sql CE as data source is not possible.

RDLC would be an option for you.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 28th, 2014 3:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics