Report server intermittent Terradata errors

Hi all,

I've build a few reports in visual studio, they work and they don't work, in a minute I can run them next minute I can't and I get this errors in event viewer every time they can't be run:

Report Server (MSSQLSERVER) cannot load the SQLPDW extension.

Report Server (MSSQLSERVER) cannot load the TERADATA extension.

Any idea qhat I need to do to avoid this?

Thanks in advance

January 24th, 2011 1:48pm

You can try disabling the extension section in the config file. TERADATA is a data extension in the config file.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 24th, 2011 2:18pm

I have found that resolution online, but on my Config file I don't have that extension.

• Proposed as answer by ffx100 Monday, September 08, 2014 4:07 PM
January 24th, 2011 3:52pm

I have found that resolution online, but on my Config file I don't have that extension.

• Proposed as answer by ffx100 Monday, September 08, 2014 4:07 PM
January 24th, 2011 3:52pm

Hi Nrodri,

This error occurs because the Teradata extension is registered in the Reporting Services configuration file by default, but the Teradata assemblies are not shipped with SQL Server 2008 or as part of the .NET Framework. If the error message does not bother you, you can ignore the error when it is logged.

However, if you want to avoid this error, do one of the following:

• Open the Reporting Services configuration file located in folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer, remove or comment out the Teradata extension. Do this only if you do not require functionality that the Teradata extension provides.

• Install the .NET Data Provider for Teradata. Do this only if you require functionality that the Teradata extension provides. You can obtain the provider from the Teradata Web site. Reporting Services requires that the provider be version 12 or later.

For more information about this issue, please see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms159704.aspx#TeradataException 

Thanks,
Chal

January 28th, 2011 11:15am

Will the removal of the Teradata extension from the config file eliminate the SQLPDW error in the error log as well? . . or do I need to remove both extensions from the config file?
February 24th, 2012 7:09pm

wHAT ABOUT 2012 in SharePoint mode? where will the config file be?
June 12th, 2012 9:19pm

where can we see this setting when reporting service is installed in sharepoint shared service mode ? could not find it in&nb
August 31st, 2012 6:18am

Got the solution .. In sharePoint 2012 mode report shared service is pointing to the SQL server reporting service on a server which may be different , so you will have to go to the Report server where service is pointing to and change the above mentioned configuration.
August 31st, 2012 8:16am

For SharePoint integrated mode the locations are:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\WebServices\Reporting or

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\WebServices\Reporting

TERADATA or SQLPDW entries are not there in any config files but we are receving the error:

SQL Server Reporting Services Shared Service cannot load the SQLPDW extension. (Application: SQL Server Reporting Services, CorrelationId:

SQL Server Reporting Services Shared Service cannot load the TERADATA extension. (Application: SQL Server Reporting Services, CorrelationId

December 16th, 2014 7:47pm

Hi Nrodri,

I have exactly the same problem . How did you fix it?

Thanks

May 4th, 2015 5:19pm

wHAT ABOUT 2012 in SharePoint mode? where will the confi
May 21st, 2015 2:56pm

I know one was marked an answer - but, here is another scenario that can generate the extension error:

• Event ID 108 - Report Server (MSSQLSERVER) cannot load the SQLPDW extension
  • Event ID 108 - Report Server (MSSQLSERVER) cannot load the TERADATA extension.

Scenario:

The Event ID 108 is being written to the Report Server event log when testing a data source that is set to 'Windows Integrated Security' from a remote workstation (you are trying to get Kerberos to work for double-hop authentication).  On the remote workstation you receive an error that the logon is failing for anonymous user - it is not passing your current logged in credentials).  Then you should also check the following in Reporting Services Configuration Manager:

Open 'Web Service URL' > 'advanced'

Verify that the identities that you have for the web service here match the identities defined under 'Report Manger URL' > 'advanced

If they do not match then each time you test the data source connection utilizing 'Windows Integrated Security' it will fail with an nt_anonymous login and the events will be written to the Application section of the windows log.

Happy configuring!!!!!

August 28th, 2015 5:54pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics