Report not running after adding cascading parameters

Hi,

After adding cascading parameters my report which was running earlier is failing. I'm using Report builder 3.0, windows 2008r2, am running the report from the server

error message "An error has occurred during report processing.(rsProcessingAborted)

Query execution failed for dataset 'LastName' (rsErrorExecutinGcOMMAND)

Incorrect Syntax near ','."

Is there a way where i can look up the code in xml using report builder or some other way so that i can delete the extra '','.

Thanks

September 2nd, 2015 11:50am

I could run the report when i delete the cascading parameters. Can some one please suggest if any changes that i need to make in the xml ?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 12:54pm

Hi AmyBi,

please check the query and ensure that you can get available values for the second parameter which is based on the first parameter value. If possible, you can try to create simple cascading parameters in your report.

For more information about How to: Add Cascading Parameters to a Report (Reporting Services), please refer to the article below: 
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337169(v=sql.100).aspx

September 2nd, 2015 1:21pm

Hi AmyBi,

please check the query and ensure that you can get available values for the second parameter which is based on the first parameter value. If possible, you can try to create simple cascading parameters in your report.

For more information about How to: Add Cascading Parameters to a Report (Reporting Services), please refer to the article below: 
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337169(v=sql.100).as

September 2nd, 2015 1:42pm

Hi AmyBI,

According to your description, after adding a cascading parameter in the report, the error An error has occurred during report processing.(rsProcessingAborted) Query execution failed for dataset 'LastName' (rsErrorExecutinGcOMMAND) Incorrect Syntax near ','." is throw out when you run the report, right?

Based on the error message, it indicates that the query in the dataset LastName is failed to execute. You can open the query designer in the LastName dataset, then check if the query contains ,, make sure the syntax around the comma is valid. Then you can run the query in report designer, passing available values for prompted parameters to check if it can return records.

If your environment has installed Business Intelligence Development Studio or SQL Server Data Tool, you can view the underlying XML structure of a report definition. For more information, please refer to this article: How to: View the Report Definition Language Source (Reporting Services).

However, its not supported to view report definition in XML structure in report builder currently. If your environment doesnt installed those two report develop tools, you can save the report in local computer, then open the .RDL file with Notepad. You can also be able to view the code.

We have tested in our environment about adding a cascading parameter(@country), because two parameters are multivalued, we use the IN operator in where clause. Please refer to screenshots below:

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

September 3rd, 2015 2:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics