Report builder error after applying sql server 2008R2 SP3 when click on report builder gives error like 'Application validation did not succeed. Unable to continue.

Hi All,

I applied SQL server 2008 R2 SP3 recently but report builder doesn't work since then

When click on report builder gives error like 'Application validation did not succeed. Unable to continue.

and when I try to see details the error summary like following:

+File, Microsfot.ReportingServices.ComponentLibrary.Controls.dll, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.

this is urgent.

Please reply me asap.

thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Nik

October 15th, 2014 2:12am

Hi nikp11,

According to your description, you recently updated SQL Server 2008 R2 to SP3, Report Builder doesnt work since then the error occurs: "Application validation did not succeed. Unable to continue".

This is an known issue in SSRS 2008 R2 SP3 that Microsoft has published an article addressing this issue. It is not planning to release a fix for this issue. But we could implement one of the following workarounds:

• Install and run Report Builder 3.0 of SQL Server 2008 R2 RTM.
  • Install and run Report Builder of SQL Server 2014.
  • Uninstall Service Pack 3 then uninstall Service Pack 2 and then reinstall Service Pack 3.

Reference:
Report Builder of SQL Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 3 does not launch

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Wendy Fu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 19th, 2014 12:14pm

Hi Wendy Fu,

Thanks a lot for your response with clear solution.

But I do have another issue with report viewer like in the application which connects to report server and when I run report in application it gives error as following after applying SP3 on SQL server 2008 R2 SP2:

method not found: 'void Microsoft.reporting.webforms.reportviewer.Reset()'.

is there any solution around this error which I can play?

Thanks in advance.

October 20th, 2014 4:23am

Hi Wendy Fu,

Thanks a lot for your response with clear solution. That saved my day :)

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 28th, 2015 1:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics