Report Viewer Control - Issue with custom font while exporting to doc

Hi,

I have an ASP.NET MVC 3.5 web application which uses Report Viewer Control for reporting.

I have a custom font installed in the machine where SSRS is installed. And the reports I'm deploying have charts (as an embedded resource) as well as tablix. For all the strings in charts as well as tablix, am using my custom font.

Now, there is a client machine where my custom font is not installed. From this machine, am trying to view a report from the web application. And it shows properly in my custom font.

Now, I use export option from the Report Viewer Control Toolbar to export it to Microsoft Word. The exported document is having custom font for the charts but not for the strings in tablix.

If I open the same document in a machine where the custom font is installed, am able to see the custom font.

Same problem exists when exporting to Microsoft Excel.

When I export to pdf, I don't have any problem and am able to see my custom font in both chart as well as tablix.

Is this a limitation with Word/Excel? Is there any solution for this?

Is this because the strings in tablix can be modified in word/excel and the custom font is not available in the machine?

Thanks and Regards,

krishna

July 10th, 2013 5:26am

Hi Krishna,

From your description, the font display well in PDF file and on the chart of Word and Excel file after exporting, right? In Reporting Services, when exporting a report to Word and Excel, the chart is a static image after exported, its a screenshot of the report chart, so it display well. And when exporting report to PDF, all the report is a static image after exported, so it display well too.

To work this issue, we can install the custom font on office, for the detail information about how to do it, please see:
Install a new font on your computer

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 15th, 2013 5:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics