Report Layout Limitations

hi to all,

Have a great day.

i am using SQL SERVER 2008 R2 .

1.) i have a requirement of ssrs report get spool into ppt so i tried aspose trail edition but enterprise edition is too cost , so can you please suggest me some other secuired tool for SSRS Reports get render into PPT

2.) then i want to create larger report of nearly 40 matrix in one single rdl, that too each matrix contains minimum 15 rows maximum 50 rows , and 16 columns , so whether its possible in 2008 r2.

what is limitation of reports size

3.) in that reports each matrix should fall in separate page of ppt that can be possible by page break but if the matrix is extend with more rows (example 150 rows) that particular matrix should split into 2 or 3 pages based on readability.

May 28th, 2015 12:14am

I have a rld file which has 15 tables in it. I don't find any issues when it is deployed on a server and people are using it.

However, it is really painful when I modify this report in the SQL Server data tools and when saving, it usually throws out of memory errors and doesn't let me save the report which is really annoying!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 28th, 2015 12:29am

Thanks for your reply ,

how did you handle out of memory errors, because your reports successfully running in server right.

May 28th, 2015 12:38am

Hi mate,

Out of memory errors popup on my local development machine not on the Server.

If I'm modifying report for example adding new fields in the dataset and try to save report then SQL Server data tool (IDE) sometimes (not always) throws out of memory error and doesn't allow me to save file. 

My earlier response was just a caution to keep it in mind.

May 28th, 2015 12:52am

Thank you,

can you please suggest me any third party tool for ssrs reports get spool into ppt.

May 28th, 2015 12:55am

I have a rld file which has 15 tables in it. I don't find any issues when it is deployed on a server and people are using it.

However, it is really painful when I modify this report in the SQL Server data tools and when saving, it usually throws out of memory errors and doesn't let me save the report which is really annoying!

May 28th, 2015 4:23am

Hi GVRSPK,

According to your description, you want to know if there is any functionality within SSRS 2008R2 which allows you to export a report to Power Point. I am afraid there is no such a functionality to achieve it. You can find more information in the feedback in the link below.
http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/310639/add-rendering-of-powerpoint-to-reporting-services-export-format

If you can use SharePoint Integrated Mode, we can create a Powerview report, and export this report to PowerPoint.
Export a Power View Report to PowerPoint

On the report server, report and model size is based on the size of the report definition (.rdl) and report model (.smdl) files that you publish to a report server. The report server does not limit the size of a report or model that you publish. However, Microsoft ASP.NET imposes a maximum size for items that are posted to the server. By default, this limit is 4 megabytes (MB).

Upload or publish a file that exceeds this limit to a report server, you receive an HTTP exception. In this case, you can modify the default by increasing the value of the maxRequestLength element in the Machine.config file. More details information:
Report and Snapshot Size Limits

You can also limit the numbers of columns and rows according to below threads:
Limit no of columns in SSRS matrix report
SSRS limit data size to page size

If you still have any problem, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Vic

May 28th, 2015 11:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics