Report Builder bubble chart: Axis title disappears

I have a bubble chart created with Report Builder 3.0. I have the Y-axis series is along the left side of the chart. When all X values are positive, everything displays normally. However, if any X-axis values are negative, the whole graph shifts slightly leftward and the Y-axis title is no longer visible. It seems to be overwritten by the shifted graph or simply pushed into nondisplay area.

Is there something I can do to make the chart stay put?

August 20th, 2015 5:37pm

Hi, 

According to your description, when X axis values are negative in the chart, the X axis shifts slightly leftward and the Y axis title is invisible, right? 

In our local environment, we have tested this scenario and the chart doesnt shift leftward when X axis values are negative. In your scenario, are you creating the bubble chart directly without any other settings? If you have change the settings on the chart, please interpret what settings you have changed. 

For your issue, there is a workaround you can set the Y axis Title alignment to Far. If the issue still exists, you can share images about the issue chart. 

Regards,
Shrek Li

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 4:41am

Hi, 

According to your description, when X axis values are negative in the chart, the X axis shifts slightly leftward and the Y axis title is invisible, right? 

In our local environment, we have tested this scenario and the chart doesnt shift leftward when X axis values are negative. In your scenario, are you creating the bubble chart directly without any other settings? If you have change the settings on the chart, please interpret what settings you have changed. 

For your issue, there is a workaround you can set the Y axis Title alignment to Far. If the issue still exists, you can share images about the issue chart. 

Regards,
Shrek Li

August 21st, 2015 8:38am

I don't know which settings have been applied, as someone else built this report. Here is the example with one positive X value:

And this one is with a negative X value added:

You can see the effect I described earlier. I did try the "Far" setting for title alignment, with no luck.

I notice that on your example, the Y axis bar remains at the left side, while in my example it shifts to the right to follow the 0 value. How is that controlled? I can make the % values remain on the left with the setting "Marks Always at Plot Edge", but I cannot stop the line from moving.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 4:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics