Report Builder 3.0 - Display RTF db field (incl its images) in SSRS report

Hi

RE:   Display RTF database field (incl its images) in SSRS report

I'm using MS SQL Server Report Builder 3.0 and have a database field that contains RTF code ('{\rtf1\ansi\deflang3081\ftnbj\uc1 ...etc...' (which could contain images as well as formatted text) stored as NTEXT and I'm wanting this to display in an SSRS report.

Any ideas on how to do this please, eg: image?

Thanks

Regards

Shell

SQL Server 2012
MS SQL Server Report Builder 3.0

June 21st, 2015 9:44pm

Hi Shell,

According to your description, you want to display RTF as text in Report Builder 3.0.

In SQL Server Reporting Services, we can use the custom code function to convert the RTF to TXT. In the custom code function, use the window RichTextBox control to read the RTF, and then return the TXT. For more details, please refer to the Jins reply in the following similar thread:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/adada6e3-d4ab-4390-a196-ee7d1a946ef3/displaying-rtf-objects-in-ssrs-2008?forum=sqlreportingservices

Thanks,
Katherine Xiong

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 23rd, 2015 6:19am

I'm trying to display an RTF database field in the SSRS report (eg: bold, underline, paragraphs, images, etc) not just plain text.

In the link you provided, in the answer, I need more detailed info for step 2 unfortunately:

Using Report Builder 3.0, these options exist in the 'Referenes' tab:

* Add or remove assemblies:   dll name

* Add or remove classes:  Class Name    &    Instanc

June 24th, 2015 2:45am

Ive edited my original post slightly.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2015 7:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics