Reply permission NTFS in folder Documents and settings
Hi friends. I'm trying to apply some modifications doccuments and settings folder, I need the help desk group has access to modify all the profile, gave permission to change the folder documents and settings for the group Help desk, however, when I log on at server that I made this change to NTFS, the newly created profile does not inherit any changes made to the parent folder. The option allow inheritable permission ... is not marked on the newly created profile. When I create a folder manually permission is successfully applied. How do I solve this problem? I have looked at the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ But apparently it did not help me much. A hug. Marcus
May 31st, 2011 2:22pm

Hello, have a look into: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244600Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 31st, 2011 2:30pm

Meinolf Weber. This document reports so that the default permissions are not changed? Is this what you wanted to say?
May 31st, 2011 3:25pm

Hi, Thank you for your question. I tested it on my computer and could reproduce the result. We are currently looking into this issue and will give you an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding and support. Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
May 31st, 2011 11:57pm

The Profile folders by default won't have enable Inheritance. That is by design, to ensure the security of the Profile folder. If you want to change it, it will need to be done manually or a scheduled script. Sumesh P - Microsoft Online Community Support
June 1st, 2011 12:53am

Meinolf Weber. This document reports so that the default permissions are not changed? Is this what you wanted to say? Hello, correct, after re-reading your question i agree not a solution for your problem. Sorry for that.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
June 1st, 2011 2:01am

Tim exist one solution for my question ? I wait your answer! Marcus
June 1st, 2011 8:03am

My friends, this is the final answer? There is the possibility to modify the NTFS permissions on that folder? Marcus
June 1st, 2011 4:53pm

Yes. The Profile folders by default won't have enable Inheritance. This is by design, for the security of the Profile folder. If you want to change it, it will need to be done manually or a script that runs at pre defined intervals and resets the security as per your requirement. The explanation in the below article holds true for local profiles except that Administrators have Full control by default, custom permissions are not inherited. Security Recommendations for Roaming User Profiles Shared Folders http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc757013(WS.10).aspx Also see: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/winserverfiles/thread/92a6d067-4516-4ac5-82d2-e7f46364bc04 Sumesh P - Microsoft Online Community Support
June 1st, 2011 10:58pm

Ok Guy. Thank you for your answer! Marcus!
June 2nd, 2011 8:23am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics