Replace unsealed management pack with sealed

Hi,

Reaching out for some advise. We have some business services imported from SCOM DA:s via an unsealed management pack and would need (for dwh/reporting purpuses) to seal this management pack so that data is correctly transfered to DWH.

Is there any way to seal the management pack and import it without removing the unsealed management pack? If we export the unsealed mp - seal it - remove unsealed mp from SCSM - import the sealed MP - we loose all information about the business services.

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards,

Ez

February 26th, 2015 8:31am

Hi E.O,

You cannot replace the unsealed MP with sealed one. What you can try is to export/import operations using csv files.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 26th, 2015 9:05am

Hi,

A follow up question:

If I export a Business Service as descibed in the first post, would I have to export all the relationships as well? I have a script that export the object and all relations where the Business Service is source and target, but only one level depth.

If the Business Service has multiple levels of service components, would I have to export all these relationships as well or will these recreate with the CI connector? (relationships like "SCMembership_xxx" to classes SC_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for example).

/Kind regards

June 8th, 2015 7:30am

As far as I know you have to export/import all levels of the DA/Business Service to get all component levels.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 8th, 2015 8:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics