Repeat Header on all pages

Hello,

I am  building a report with 3 tablixs using SQL Server 2008. Tablix 3 is long and spans over 3 pages. I am trying to get the header for the  to remain visible on all pages and as we scroll through the end of each page. Now this is a frequently asked question and I have found the approach to achieve the desired results. All approaches involve clicking in the advanced mode of the row and column groups to modify the static and dynamic groups.However, when I click the advanced mode there is no effect. I have attached a picture of the design mode. The tablix3 is grouped by the Department column. 

May 28th, 2015 10:59am

Hi Wandering_Angel,

See the steps below.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 28th, 2015 11:16am

Hello Ricardo,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have checked the row and column headers in the table properties. I have learned that because I use SQL 2008 version, I need to complete some additional steps as listed in the following article which involves the advanced  mode of the row and column groups :

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/robertbruckner/archive/2008/10/13/repeat-header-and-visible-fixed-header-table.aspx

May 28th, 2015 11:22am

Hi wandering_angel,

According to your description, you want to repeat tablix header on each page by enabling advanced mode, right?

In your scenario, you should select the tablix which tablix header will repeat on each page. Then you could click the Advanced mode on the right of the group pane. Select the first static member under the Row Groups pane. Then specify RepeatOnNewPage as True, KeepWithGroup as After. For more information, please refer to this article: RepeatOnNewPage to True. Also set KeepWithGroup property to After.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 29th, 2015 2:42am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics