Rendering SSRS with itext sharp.

Hi everyone ,

i have a  requirement i want to convert my ssrs report into interactive pdf how can i achive this pls reply fast pls..

February 19th, 2015 1:04pm

Hi Saurabh Bhadoria,

Per my understanding that you want to display your SSRS report as PDF, right?

Generally, SSRS report have many kind of rendering format:PDF,Word,Excel,CSV,MHTML and so on, more information:Available Rendering Extensions (Reporting Services)

So you can click the Export icon below in the designer or in the report server to export the report to pdf or any other format you want:

If you still have any problem, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Vic

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 20th, 2015 12:23pm

HI vicky thanks fot your reply but this is not the desired answer i knew this but my concern is   making my pdf interactive ,i want to know how can i achieve that.Becouse when we render ssrs report in pdf id disable it bookmark content..pls reply fast thank in advance.
February 20th, 2015 4:25pm

Hi Saurabh,

If what you want is to display the PDF with bookmark when export the RDL report to PDF. You can create document map in the report. The PDF rendering extension renders a document map as the Bookmarks pane. All items in the document map are listed one after the other down the pane.When you export the report to PDF you will see the document map display as the bookmark in the pdf. More information See Exporting to a PDF File (Report Builder and SSRS)

Please find details information about how to create an document map in below article:
How to: Add Items to a Document Map (Reporting Services)

Regards,
Vicky Liu

February 20th, 2015 4:48pm

hi vicky thanks for your reply but by this i am not able to get the desired output .actually i want to give intractive ness to my pdf like a HTML document one i click on a specific text it go through the desired page. hoe can i get that pls reply soon.Another thing can we render our ssrs report with Itextsharp tool. 
February 21st, 2015 10:35am

Hi Saurabh,

Generally we can add an "Go to URL" action on the special textbox, when you click on it, it will link to the URL you have added by setting this "Go to URL" action, details informtion about how to add "Go to URL" action:Action Properties Dialog Box (Report Builder and SSRS).

For render report with Itexsharp tool, please reference to below link:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3355837/generating-pdf-documents-in-asp-net

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4868126/can-i-generate-an-image-based-pdf-report-from-sql-reporting-services-rdlc-wit

Regards,
Vic

February 23rd, 2015 6:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics