Rendering Options for Report Specific

Hi,

I want to Set Rendering Extension Report based,

Example

Report 1 should have the rendering options of EXCEL and PDF.

Report 2 should have the rendering extension of EXCL only.

I referred below link for change the rendering extension.

http://beyondrelational.com/modules/2/blogs/101/posts/13460/ssrs-60-steps-to-implement-a-data-driven-subscription.aspx 

but its for all the reports f

April 29th, 2015 12:22am

Hi,

Where you want to render the report, I mean on report server or in subscription.

Report Server we cant set the report specific render format.

On Subscription:-

You can create the data driven subscription where you can specify the report format from database (select query of the format column from pre-defined database table).

Report 1 -- 2 subscription one for EXCEL, one for PDF

Report 2- 1 subscripton for excel

Thanks

Prasad

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2015 11:14am

Hello,

You can not defined the allowed export format per Report, only on server level: RSReportServer Configuration File => DefaultRenderingExtension

See also https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/sqlserver/en-US/4a85eb46-3348-4c93-804b-cd92f4e2f581/disabling-export-option-for-a-single-individual-ssrs-report

April 29th, 2015 2:11pm

Hi Prasad,

Thanks for your reply.

could you explain the steps of Data Driven subscription Render format changes Report Specific.

April 29th, 2015 11:56pm

Hi Olaf Helper,

in that second Link , they just remove excel option specifically.

how to hide CSV, HTML, Tiff, XML, Word Except Excel and PDF.

Can you please give the code like below.

RemoveOption("/ReportSamples/10000rows", "Excel");

April 30th, 2015 12:21am

Hi GVRSPK,

Per my understanding that you want to get different rendering format in the rendering options for different reports when you are creating the subscription.

I have tested on my local environment and we can achieve this by adding some jquery code in the SubscriptionProperties.aspx file which path like:C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportManager\Pages

Details information below for your reference:

1. Open the SubscriptionProperties.aspx file and add below code at the last:

<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.10.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> $(function() { var result = new RegExp('[\?&]ItemPath=([^&#]*)').exec(window.location.href)[1]; var reportName = result.split('%2f')[result.split('%2f').length - 1]; //alert(reportName); if (reportName == "Report1") { $("#RenderFormatID option[value='XML']").remove();//Remove XML render format }

if (reportName == "Report2") { 
          $("#RenderFormatID option[value='EXCEL']").remove();//Remove EXCEL render format
        } }); </script>

You can find all the values in the option tag in the source code as below:

Once the code has been added, you can see the change immediately and if you want to roll back to default setting, just remove the code in the SubscriptionProperties.aspx file.

If you still have any problem, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Vicky Liu

April 30th, 2015 7:38am

Hi Vicky_Liu ,

Thanks for your repply.

other than Data driven subscription how to change rendering format based on multiple report wise.

May 1st, 2015 11:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics