Removing x64 drivers from Windows Server 2003 R2?
I have a 2003 R2 32bit server that has added 64bit drivers for a specific printer. However these drivers crashes the print spooler on Windows 7 x64 clients. Removing the installed printers on the Windows 7 clients is a real mess, as the print spooler crashes all the time, even if you restart the service. Even removing the printer makes the print spooler crash, leaving the printer present. A hard regedit finally removes the printer. At server side, I cannot see any option for removing the printer driver. I see additional drivers... x64 has a grayed checkbox so I cannot un-check the driver. What do I do?
March 25th, 2010 11:40am

Hi, Thanks for the post. Please understand that we have provided a tool named "Print Management" on Windows Server 2003 R2 which can help us manage the network printer drivers and settings. In this case, we could open Print Management and navigate to Printer Servers->XXXX(local)->Drivers, then remove the relevant X64 printer driver. For more information, you could take a look at the following article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753109(WS.10).aspx#BKMK_UpdateDrivers Hope this helps.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2010 4:23am

thanks worked fine
March 26th, 2010 5:55am

thanks. worked fine
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 26th, 2010 5:56am

I am having this same problem but I do not have Print Management installed. Server 2003 Standard with SP2.
April 25th, 2012 6:13pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics