Remove an event from Event Viewer? Event 29
Hello All, I was wondering if it is possible to remove a specific event from the event viewer? Basically for a while now I've been getting the Event 29 warning (Server 2008 R2) due to not having a certificate on my domain controller. We will never use smart card login within this domain and the event gets logged probably 5-6 times per day and I'm finding that it clutters my administrative events log pretty quickly. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to logs and whatnot so I'm hoping there is a way to remove this particular event from being logged. If anybody can help me do this it would be greatly appreciated.
May 29th, 2012 11:53am

Hello, there is no option to remove a specific event, either remove the complete list or you may use filtering if you just want to see specific events. Just ignore the event.Best regards Meinolf Weber MVP, MCP, MCTS Microsoft MVP - Directory Services My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/ Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 29th, 2012 1:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics