Remove Manuel installed Agent from Pending Management

Dear all,

we have "little" Problem with 600 manual installed Agents which are available in Pending Management on our SCOM 2007 R2 Environment.

The 600 Server do not belong to our departement and shouldn't monitored via SCOM. The Story behind... A different department in our Company got an complete OS Image (with Agent config etc) from our Team serveral years ago.

Now It's time for a cut, they got an Image without the Agent config ;). But these will not solve my his historic Problem with the 600 Agents in the pending management.

I'm looking  for solution which isn't "uninstall the Agent" on 600 Server. Has somebody an idea how to remove the Agent (Powershell, SQL Query etc)?

I hope It's clear for you :).

Best Regards,

Julian

February 13th, 2015 2:38pm

You may Modify the Security setting of Management Server by selecting "Reject new manual Agent installations" under operations console --> Security --> Settings --> Server --> Security

Roger

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 13th, 2015 4:23pm

Try some of these:

Kevin

OM PoSH

February 13th, 2015 6:44pm

Hi Julian,

Are those 600 agents in the same domain or are they in a different domain ?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 14th, 2015 8:59pm

Hi,

As they are under Pending Management, they are not agent managed. would you please try to select them all and then right click, check whether you can see Reject option.

In addition, here is an article about uninstalling agent, you may create a powershell script to bulk remove agents:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh212931.aspx

Regards,

Yan Li

February 15th, 2015 5:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics