Remote webapp freezes immediately after login in Server 2012 R2

Used the wizard and setup made a RDS deployment.  2 session hosts 1 server for Connction broker and License  and one server for Gateway and web access.

Regular remote desktop works fine.  Even through the web interface.

I just published Calc.  When I try to access it and show the details, it logs on the then freezes at "Preparing Windows".  Then the window will time out and close.

I am unable to find anything in the event viewer regarding this.

Anybody have some suggestions?

January 11th, 2014 7:01am

Well after working on this for several hours.  It turn out, I tried using the web access on a different server.  I got an error message about jscript was blocked.  So I put the site in trusted sites and it worked.

So it turns out that there is some IE setting that must prevent the remote app from launching.  It will take some more testing to find out what exactly is going on. 

Any suggestions would be great.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 12th, 2014 5:13am

Well after working on this for several hours.  It turn out, I tried using the web access on a different server.  I got an error message about jscript was blocked.  So I put the site in trusted sites and it worked.

So it turns out that there is some IE setting that must prevent the remote app from launching.  It will take some more testing to find out what exactly is going on. 

Any suggestions would be great.

January 12th, 2014 5:13am

Hi,

How is everything going on? 

Firstly I would like to know, which version of RDP client you are using in your environment. I suggest to use RDP 8.0 or 8.1 for better feature and also the user must always use Domain\Username whenever logging to RDWeb App. 

You can try to change the path of RemoteApp as per this thread (Answered by phil). Also try to make default logon domain for RD Web, get more information from this thread.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Dharmesh
January 13th, 2014 4:02am

Hi,

How is everything going on? 

Firstly I would like to know, which version of RDP client you are using in your environment. I suggest to use RDP 8.0 or 8.1 for better feature and also the user must always use Domain\Username whenever logging to RDWeb App. 

You can try to change the path of RemoteApp as per this thread (Answered by phil). Also try to make default logon domain for RD Web, get more information from this thread.

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Dharmesh
January 13th, 2014 12:01pm

Did you ever figure out what was going on? I'm having the same problem.  I'm trying to RemoteApp from my Windows 8.1 into my Windows Server 2012 R2 RDS server.  It works fine from other computers, but not from my 8.1 desktop.  I have already added the hostname to the Trusted Sites zone within IE.  I also have installed the new Remote Desktop app from Windows store.  Doesn't matter how you initiate the RD Web session, the same RemoteApp window appears during the login process. but for some reason, it hangs on Preparing Windows.  
August 21st, 2014 1:27am

I guess the problem mainly are in IE11 protected mode.

If the mode is on we've got the hangouts. If the protected mode is off everything is fine.

But there is other problem. No ability to print from "embedded" applications like Adobe Reader when pdf document loaded from website.

December 11th, 2014 9:24am

Same problem here.

I have resolved it by adding the RD Web Access site to the trusted sites (IE) on the client computer (Windows 8.1).

Regards,

Pawel Mazurkiewicz

February 4th, 2015 5:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics