Remote desktop connection cannot verify the identity of the computer that you want to connect to
Remote Desktop cannot verify the identity of the computer you want to connect to. This problem can occur if: The remote computer is running a version of Windows that is earlier than Windows Vista. The remote computer is configured to support only the RDP security layer. Contact your network administrator or the owner of the remote computer for assistance.
February 28th, 2011 4:47pm

On your RDP client use the following procedure Click on “Options” Click on the “Advanced Tab” In “Authentication Options”, select “Always connect, even if authentication fails" You did not provide additional info, so I cannot help you more. what os versions do you have (client and server)? what is your rdp version?With kind regards Krystian Zieja http://www.projectnenvision.com Follow me on twitter My Blog
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 28th, 2011 5:29pm

Hi, I'm using a Macbook Pro running OSX 10.6.6 and Microsoft Office: mac 2011 with Remote Desktop. I'm trying to connect to a Windows 2000 server.
February 28th, 2011 7:04pm

Hi, I had a similar problem, however I was trying to connect to a Win7 machine from an iMac running 10.6.6. All was working fine for the last few months then suddenly stopped allowing me to connect this morning. I followed these instructions and now it's all back to normal so far. http://shebangme.blogspot.com/2010/05/remote-desktop-connection-cannot-verify.html http://jens.raaby.co.uk/journal/2011/01/microsoft-remote-desktop-on-mac-os-x/#comment-329 Both give the same info, just happened across them at the same time. Hope this helps.
March 14th, 2011 11:20pm

Is there any thing we can do on the remote computer side that'll fix the problem? I have the same problem with snow leopard connect to windows 2003 server. If there is a win2003 hot fix for that, the problem shall fixed once for all. Identity cannot been verified may well be a problem of a server anyway.
May 10th, 2012 9:55am

I got the very same problem, trying to connect to a Windows 2008 Server, after the recent Office 2011 SP2 update (14.2.2). The server currently has a self signed security certificate. Clicking "Connect anyway" (or setting preferences to do so) worked before this update.
May 23rd, 2012 12:36am

Same Issue with US , Solved by this.Need to update on Terminal Services Licensing Server and Terminal Server To resolve this issue, back up and then remove the X509 Certificate registry keys, restart the computer, and then reactivate the Terminal Services Licensing server. To do this, follow these steps. NOTE: Perform the following procedure on each of the terminal servers. Make sure that the terminal server registry has been successfully backed up.Start Registry Editor.Locate and then click the following registry subkey: <samp>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters</samp> On the Registry menu, click Export Registry File.Type exported-parameters in the File name box, and then click Save. NOTE: If you have to restore this registry subkey in the future, double-click the Exported-parameters.reg file that you saved in this step.Under the Parameters registry subkey, right-click each of the following values, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm the deletion: Certificate X509 Certificate X509 Certificate ID Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the server.Reactivate the Terminal Services Licensing server by using the Telephone connection method in the Licensing Wizard. NOTE: If you activate the Terminal Services Licensing server using the Telephone option, the licensing server uses a different form of certificate. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329896 -Dhananjay
September 11th, 2012 8:24am

Delete Documents/RDP Connections/*.rdp then connect again with empty domain
October 24th, 2012 1:13am

Im using a Mac Mountain Lion OS X 10.8.2 and Remote Desktop version 2.1.1. If you get an alert on Mac: in Remote Desktop Connection go to RDC Menu > Preferences > Security, then choose the option "Always connect, even if authentication fails". This stopped these alerts on my machine. Cheers Sam
November 19th, 2012 3:50pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics