Remote access domain controller
dear friends, i have domain controller in head office and some branches, i want to ad some users in a group until they can login remotely to domain controller to just monitor some applications and software access.my question is that in which group i Add that users until they can login remotely to domain controller and monitor?i will appreciate it.
January 19th, 2009 2:34pm

Hi,Generally, only Administrators are allowed to access DC remotely. You can edit the Default DC GPO or create a new GPO for your DC to allow user to logon remotely.Click Start, type "gpmc.msc", edit default DC GPO or create a new GPO, choose to Edit the GPO. Navigate to the following location:Computer Configuration->Policies->Windows Settings->Security Settings->Local Policies->User Rights Assignment.Double-click Allow log on through Terminal Services, click Define these policy settings and click Add User or Group to add the Domain Administrators and the users. Run "gpupdate /force" and test. Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 21st, 2009 10:33am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics