Remote Users and Cached Credentials
We are about to deploy about 700 laptop computers whose only connection to the domain will be via the VPN, most likely once per day. The laptops have Windows XP with SP3. If the user changes their password when connected to the VPN it is cached. If by some chance after changing it the user forgets the password and cannot sign into their laptop, my understanding is that there isn't much I can do other than have them send it back to the office to reset the password. I know they can sign in as a local user, but the local user account can't do anything about the cached domain account, at least that is my understanding. Is this correct? Thanks.I Hate Spam
February 5th, 2010 1:17am

If the VPN you are using integrates with the Windows function "Log on using dial-up connection" that is visible on the logon screen (if you are using the built in Windows VPN client then no problems) then you can reset it on the server and the user will be able to use the new password.My blog: http://cjwdev.wordpress.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 5th, 2010 1:26am

No, it's a 3rd party solution. They have to be signed on and at the desktop to launch the connection. I Hate Spam
February 5th, 2010 1:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics