Remote User Having Trouble Accessing Domain (Vista Business)
User who recently went completely remote, having issues accessing domain. I have solved this issue in the past by adding one of the domain controllers IPs along with domain.com to the host file. This does not seem to work for Vista. Any help is apprecaited. Thank you, Gui...
November 18th, 2010 9:59pm

Hi Gui, Thanks for posting here. Your issue is not quite clear right now.Do you mean that a domain user who attempts to access domain remotely on client computer via VPN ? and what issue he encountered ? And you mentioned that you had tried add DC hostname and IP address into host file for remote computers and it worked , so I think this may a name resolution issue , If remote computer connect to your network via VPN , you should set internal DNS address for remote connection when they obtain address form your VPN server. Meanwhile, I’d like suggest to make the remote connection top of NIC adapters binding order list on client computer and check if the issue still persist, here is the workaround: • Click Start, click Run, type ncpa.cpl , and then click OK. You can see the available connections in the LAN and High-Speed Internet section of the Network Connections window. • Click alt to show menu bar, on the Advanced menu, click Advanced Settings, and then click the Adapters and Bindings tab. • In the Connections area, select the remote connection to move top in the list. Use the arrow buttons to move the connection. • Reboot computer and try again. It’s appreciate that if you could discuss this issue in detail. Thanks. Tiger LiPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 19th, 2010 3:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics