Remote Desktop Window shifting when cursor is moved to bottom of screen with multiple monitors.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 using the upgrade in place provided by Microsoft.  Overall the experience has been fantastic, but the Remote Desktop "Full Screen" mode appears to have a bug in it, unless someone can help me fix it.  In essence, when "Full Screen" AND you use all of your monitors is used, when the cursor is moved to the very bottom of your smaller resolution monitor the whole session "scrolls" upwards showing the taskbar for the underlying OS (Win 10.)   My laptop monitor is 1600x900 and my regular monitor is 2560x1080 or 1680x1050 (one at work, other at home.)

EDIT: It's not destination OS depending.  Does the same whether I'm connecting to Windows 7, 8 or 10.

Attached is an example of what it looks like.  Any ideas?

August 21st, 2015 1:12pm

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the post. According to your description above, I would suggest you to check the screen resolution configration on your laptop.

Beside also please go to the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution try to detect the monitor and check how many monitors been detected. Go to the Device Manager and check how many monitors shown under the monitors, if there are virtual monitor device exists, you can uninstall them. And try to update the driver of the monitor.

After that, please have a test.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Elaine 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 7:47am

Elaine-

Thanks for the suggestion.  The monitors were set correctly for their respective resolutions so that was not the issue.

I did end up solving it however.  Apparently buried in the Advanced Display Settings, under On Screen Display there is an option called Enable Auto Scroll function.  When I unchecked this box the error went away.  I'm not sure what this does, but I doubt it provides any functionality that I'm missing, at least not at the expense of Remote Desktop.

September 9th, 2015 10:27am

Hi Chris,

I'm glad to know that the problem was fixed and thanks for your sharing.

Best Regards,

Elaine

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 9:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics