Remote Desktop Services Printer Redirection

HI,
recently I configured a server with Windows 2008 Server R2. On this server I installed Remote Desktop Services. I have a problem with printer redirection with MS Windows Clients (Windows 7 and Windows 8). I tried with different printers Samsung, Brother and Sharp. It's not a problem of configuration because all MAC OSX Client can print with their printers on the Remote Desktop Connection using printer redirection. I tried the same printer, a Brother DCP-7065DN using a MAC OSX Computer and a MS Windows Computer: with MAC OSX Computer printer redirection works, with MS Windows Computer doesn't.

I verified:

• Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration and in Client Settings the option Disable Windows Printer in not flagged
  • in Local Group Policy Editor: Do not allow client printer redirection is not configured
  • in Local Group Policy Editor: Use Remote Desktop Easy Printer driver first: i tried with all options but it doesn't work I verified
  • in Computer Management in Device Manager that Remote Desktop Device Redirector Bus in working
  • On the MS Windows Client in the Remote Desktop Connection Property Printer Redirection is active and I can see the printer redirected on the server

If I give a print command with notepad on the remote desktop session on the server, I can see that the Server spooler is managing the print job but the client spooler doesn't receive anything.

What could be the problem? Is there a way to enable logs on the server to understand the flow of the data between Server and Client?

Thanks

May 28th, 2015 7:12am

Hi,

Please make sure the users have enough permissions to the printers folder on the server.  You may do this by opening a administrator command prompt and typing the following:

icacls c:\windows\system32\spool\printers /grant Users:(OI)(CI)M

Please restart the server after the above command, then test to see if users are able to print.

Thanks.

-TP

• Marked as answer by Arkan0s Thursday, May 28, 2015 11:23 AM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 28th, 2015 7:42am

:-) Solved
Can I offer you a beer?
Thanks

May 28th, 2015 11:22am

Hi,

Glad to hear that the issue was resolved!

Here is an article below regarding icacls.exe for you:

Icacls
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc753525.aspx

Best Regards,

Amy

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 1st, 2015 11:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics