Remote Desktop Connection Problem
We have a Windows Server 2008 Standard with RDP problem. I can't connect to the server. RDP is enabled on the server on port 3389.
August 8th, 2011 9:50am

Make sure Remote Desktop Services service is running. Try to RDP from problem server console back to itself. Also try to RDP by ip address. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 8th, 2011 10:24am

Services is running, Connecting by ip address not working.
August 8th, 2011 10:34am

Make sure Windows Firewall is either turned off or set to allow 3389:P Advice offered, If you need more help it is advised to seek the council and advice of paid professionals. The answer is always 42, or reboot.
August 8th, 2011 10:36am

Windows Firewall is disabled
August 8th, 2011 10:39am

Try to RDP from problem server console back to itself. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
August 8th, 2011 10:42am

unfortunately, it's not working
August 9th, 2011 2:50am

nobody?
August 9th, 2011 2:27pm

My Computer|Properties|Remote Settings|Remote and check that Allow connections ...... radio button is selected. You'll have to get by problem with RDP from server console back to itself. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
August 10th, 2011 3:58am

problem is port 3389. i cannot telnet to port 3389 on the server
August 11th, 2011 8:07am

Sounds like Remote Desktop Services service is not running. From the command line on server netstat -a and check that it is listening on TCP port 3389 If not also check that the Reg_DWord PortNumber has a decimal value of 3389 HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer\WinStations\RDP-Tcp Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
August 11th, 2011 8:40pm

Hi, When you complete the above configuration, you need to restart the server, look forward to your feedback.Technology changes life
August 16th, 2011 8:38pm

done but it doesn't resolved my problem :(
August 17th, 2011 9:49am

What was done? What were the results? Help us help you. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
August 17th, 2011 8:25pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics