Remote Desktop 'Acces Denied'
Dear fellow users, when i try to acces my server by remote desktop, i can't acces it. On my computer the name and password is accepted so a new window opens, but then i see my server with the message 'acces denied'... I'm still a rooky in using a server, but can anyone help me out pleas? greetings!
June 20th, 2011 4:22pm

Hello, which account do you use to access the server and how are the security settings on the remote desktop connection set to under the Avanced options, Server authentication?Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 20th, 2011 4:29pm

the built-in administrator account. but i get the same problem with every administrator( no users installed yet). If i go to the system properties and remote, i can't click advanced( or the check box to allow remote...)
June 20th, 2011 4:41pm

Hello, "If i go to the system properties and remote, i can't click advanced( or the check box to allow remote...)" i talk about Remote Desktop "mstsc" where you should check the described settings.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
June 20th, 2011 5:12pm

on the server? the setting is: 'warn me'
June 20th, 2011 5:40pm

on the server? the setting is: 'warn me' Hello, on the machine where you try to connect from.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
June 20th, 2011 5:46pm

same: warn me
June 20th, 2011 5:54pm

Hi, Please click Start, right click on Computer and select Properties, switch to Remote tab and use the following options under Remote Desktop: l Allow connections from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure) l Allow connections only from computer running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (more secure) After that, please click Select Users to add the users who can access this server remotely. In addition, please also enable the following Group Policies: l Computer Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\Access this computer from the network l Computer Configuration\Policies\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\User Rights Assignment\Allow log on through Remote Desktop Services Regards, Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
June 21st, 2011 3:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics