RemoteFX issues - possibly drivers

Hi Guys,

So I have an RDS configuration with 2 dell 720's with Server 2012 and Nvidia Grid K2 GPUS.  I've been using these as RD Visualizations Hosts to serve up windows 7 SP1 to around 50 users.  Everything seems to be working great in windows 7.

I've been toying around with updating all the virtual desktops to Windows 8.1, and again most everything works fine except RemoteFX is having issues.  Whenever I add the adapter in Hyper V Manager I get the following errors on the host at boot:

No matter what I do I can't seem to get the system to use the Remote FX 3d adapter (change resoultion, uninstall reinstall drivers, rebuild the windows 8.1 desktop, Create an entirely new virtual machine, etc.)

Has anyone seen this before?  Is this due to me running 8.1 VM's on Server 2012 and Not on R2?

Thanks Guys!

June 19th, 2015 2:56pm

Hi Jacob,

As far as I know, Remote FX driver required for Windows 8.1 is only available with the hyper V integrations tools of Windows 2012 R2.

If you want to use RemoteFX on Windows 8.1 clients, please update the Remote Desktop Virtualization Host to Windows Server 2012 R2.

Best Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 23rd, 2015 2:30am

Ok, well it looks like I will look into upgrading my Virtualization Hosts.

Thanks!

June 26th, 2015 1:21pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics