Reinstallation of Windows XP on Dell workstation hangs at Installing Network
My son's Dell would boot up and sit at the welcomescreen with noaccount login icons.If I unplugged the computer to drain power,I got it to work once, but it would eventually return to the same problem.Although my son had Norton running, I suspected something infected the OS or BIOS. So I'm trying to repair the OS from the boot CDthat came with the computer. I am now in setup. The boot CD It did not contain the RAID drivers so I downloaded them and they uploaded successfully. Now setup is sitting at "Installing Network.." with 31 minutes remaining in the time bar and it sits there for a long, long time (like I left it alone for an hour). It doesn't ask for drivers, it's just hung.
November 15th, 2008 3:57pm

Hello, Did you format the C: drive before you try to reinstall the operating system? If not, the setup process may be stuck by some third-party services or applications, such as the anti-virus program. You can try disabling all the non-Microsoft applications or services in the System Configuration and then try the reinstallation to see how it goes. You may also need to disconnect all the peripheral devices, including USB printer, speakers and Ethernet cable to see how it goes. If the problem remains, I would highly suggest that you post this in our Windows XP newsgroup. People there have better knowledge on Windows XP-related problems and they may help you to efficiently resolve the issue. They may also share some useful information with you. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups.mspx Thank you for your cooperation. Best regards,Chang Yin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 18th, 2008 4:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics