Registry Editor
I have Windows Vista Home Premium operating on a Packard Bell IMEDIA X2416. About 2-3 weeks ago I installed a wireless mouse. After a few days I realised it wasn't to my liking and plugged in the original mouse. Windows Defender reported that an unknown publisher wished to install a driver and I assumed this was linked to the old mouse and permitted the action. This event occurred every time I logged in. Eventually I became worried as to what was actually happening and asked that the action be denied. My mouse continues to work but I have lost all sound. So I cannot listen to on-line music/videos and even the standard sounds made when certain events occur are no longer audible. The Device Manager shows all drivers are working and I have updated all drivers as a precaution but in every case the message appeared that the latest driver was already installed. I have attempted a System Restore using several dates before I installed the wireless mouse but a message has appeared on every occasion to say the Restore was not successful. Any help, guidance or suggestions as to how I can get my PC sound working again would be greatly appreciated
March 9th, 2011 5:37pm

Hi, As this issue is related to Windows Vista, please discuss it in our Windows Vista forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/windowsvistaitpro Tim Quan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 9th, 2011 9:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics