Regarding the SSIS Transaction for sequence container

Dear All,

I have implemented the External transaction for my sequence container. This has 8 DFTs in it . It is  working fine in case of success or failure.

Now I wanted to implement the solution like if the job stops at the 4th task then first 3 tasks has data in it .

But I wanted to rollback if the job stops in halfway the execution of sequence container. Please help me to solve this issue.

Thank you

Sri

July 31st, 2015 1:49am

Hi Sri,

Implement a logging mechanism for all the 8 DFT load status. Before starting the all 8 DFT's check for any failure in previous run, in this case, you can truncate data from all the 8  staging table and start a fresh data load.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Vijay

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 31st, 2015 3:47am

Thank you Vijay for the reply.

I had thought through this. But the challenge for is it should rollback with in the same run( This is mandatory). The above proposal didn't accepted.

Thank you

Sri

July 31st, 2015 4:03am

By checking the logging data, you can still achieve to truncate at the same run by checking the logs after DFT.

Also, transaction will fail only if the DFT error output is set to fail component. Set Fail package on failure = true in all DFT and try. Hope you have enabled MSDTC.

Regards,

Vijay

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 31st, 2015 10:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics